A hub of content
Mettā Nairobi, has been the center of passionate innovators and entrepreneurs since its inception in 2015, with its members shaping the narrative of African innovation across all sectors. It has fostered a passionate community of 500+ startups in the region and in addition to numerous political figures from African countries, has hosted a variety of international government figures around innovation – from the Deputy Prime Minister of Belgium, the Government of Jersey to the Foreign Secretary of the United Kingdom and other distinguished figures. Due to this broad impact, Mettā Nairobi has been dubbed the “Hub of Content” in East Africa.
Our networking events enable you to plug into the local startup scene through first hand introductions and interactions with various players in the ecosystem.
Meet and engage with like minded individuals.
1. Meet and Mingle – Our networking event
2. Investor Speed dating – Matching investors with entrepreneurs
3. After 5 – Our monthly creatives meet up
4. Investment Townhall – Bringing investors and startups together to understand each other’s perspectives
5. Suits & Tech – Introducing developers to business owners, to see how their tech solutions can be incorporated in a mutually beneficial manner
Through a series of carefully curated events we provide learnings to our immediate community and beyond.
1.Masterclasses – 2-hour sessions with industry experts, on various topics. From how to approach investors, marketing, financial management etc.
2. What’s Next – Topical monthly panel discussions with industry leaders and experts sharing their predictions on what the future holds in their various sectors.
3. What’s Good – An event series centered around best practices on different thematic areas
4. Fireside chats – Candid one-on-one chats with exemplary individuals.
5. Women in series – Panel discussions with outstanding women at the top of their fields to inform and inspire other women (and men).
Our learning event series delivered online. Just because we can’t attend events in person, doesn’t mean you should miss out.
Be Part Of The Conversation
While some of our events are targeted toward our members, most of our events are open to the general public. To attend our events, head on over to our calendar to see the events lined up. Book a spot now!
Host Your Own Event
Our space is open for use as a venue for your very own events. Some of the events we regularly host include Karibu Kijiji’s – F*ckUp Nights | Nairobi Soapbox with Olivia Munoru | The Kenyan Dream – By Coach Cece Ojany
Clients can also be represented in any of our cutting edge events covering all tech related industries with inspiring speakers. Typically 2-3 hours with 1 hour panel Q&A and 1+ hour networking. Around 80-100 attendees.
Get In Touch
Would you like to plug into our signature events ? For more information reach out to our Head of Content and Events at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Head of Content & Events
Solomon Muigai is our head of content & events. He oversees all event based activities that take place at Mettā.