This policy describes:
- the types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you share your data with us;
- our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
Types of Data Collected
Upon registration as a member of Metta, you will be required to complete a registration form and will provide your personal details, contact information and background information. In order to cater our services and events to you, we may also request for further information or ask you to participate in surveys. All data provided by you, whether through the website, posts or correspondence will be retained by the Company.
We may collect, process and retain the following data about you:
- any information that you provide us, including information you provide us upon registration, filling in forms, posting materials, subscriptions or requesting for further services;
- any information you provide us in other circumstances, such as in connection with an event, a promotion or when you report a problem on our Website;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- your search queries on the Website.
When you use the Website, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- usage details: when you access the Website we may automatically collect certain details of your use, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Website;
- device information: we may collect information about your internet connection, including the unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, and your device's telephone number (if accessing the Website through a mobile device);
- location information: the Website may collect real-time information about your location. This information is collected from your web browser or mobile device;
- behavioral tracking: the Website may collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not use the Website.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies. The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- cookies (or mobile cookies): A cookie is a small file placed on your computer. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your computer. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Website;
- web beacons: pages of the Website and any e-mails that we send to you may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Metta, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
Purposes for which data is used
Data collected or to be collected by the Company may be used for the following purposes:
- sending you alerts, e-newsletters, information and exclusive event invitations provided by the Company;
- ensuring that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and on your computer or device;
- designing and conducting surveys or questionnaires for profiling or segmentation, statistical analysis, improving and further the provision of our services;
- researching, designing and launching services or products including seminars, events or forums;
- providing you with information and updates relevant to you, for example, in a particular industry;
- for the promotion and provision of various membership services to you;
- sending information to third parties who work on behalf of the Company to provide services to you. The Company will only provide the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- the Company may make anonymised information available to a third party for data collection or research purposes;
- handling and following up enquiries and matters related hereto;
- meeting the requirements to make disclosure under requirements of any law binding on the Company, in or outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China ("Hong Kong");
- promoting and marketing services and products subject to your exercise of the opt-out right (please see further details in "Direct Marketing" below);
- for any other purpose with your consent;
- purposes related or incidental to the above.
We intend to use your data in direct marketing and we require your consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose. In this connection, please note that:
- your name, contact details (including address, contact number, e-mail address), products and services information, transaction pattern and behaviour, background and demographic data held by us from time to time may be used by us in direct marketing;
- the following classes of services, products and subjects may be marketed in direct marketing:
- (i) services and products related to our Website and/or our affiliates (including marketing affiliates programs we are a part of);
- (ii) reward, loyalty or privileges programmes, promotional offers and related services; and
- (iii) invitations to events such as seminars/webinars/tele-seminars, conferences, live programs or events.
- We may conduct direct marketing via email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication or send e-newsletters to you. You may choose not to receive promotional materials, by simply telling us (see below for contact details), and we will cease to do so, without charge.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Data held by the Company relating to you will be kept confidential. The Company may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the data was collected provide such data to the following parties:
- any subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, or affiliates of the Company;
- our overseas offices, business partners and counterparts (if any);
- any personnel, agent, advisor, contractor, financial institution or third party service provider who provides services to the Company, its subsidiaries, holding companies, affiliates, and associated companies in connection with the operation of their business;
- any other person or company who is under a duty of confidentiality to the Company, its subsidiaries, holding companies, affiliates, and associated companies and has undertaken to keep such information confidential;
- any person or company identified by us when you provided the information;
- any person or persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws and regulations in or outside Hong Kong;
- or actual or proposed transferees or participants of our services in or outside Hong Kong;
- any person or persons who have a right under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong) (the "Ordinance") to gain access to such data.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the Website, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your computer. These third parties may include:
- advertisers, ad networks and ad servers;
- analytics companies;
- if you are accessing the Website through a mobile device, your mobile device manufacturer or service provider.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Retention of personal data
Personal data provided by customers and employees are retained for as long as the purposes for which such data were collected continue.
We may hold your data on servers in Hong Kong, the Republic of Singapore, United Kingdom, the United States, Africa and any other territories as we see fit from time to time. We may also transfer your data to our overseas offices or to any people listed under 'Disclosure of Personal Data' above, who may be located in or outside of Hong Kong.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
You have the right to:
- check whether the Company holds any personal data relating to you and the right of access to such data;
- require the Company to correct any data relating to you which is inaccurate;
- ascertain the Company's policies and practices in relation to personal data; and
- to object to the use of your personal data for marketing purposes and we shall not use your personal data for marketing purposes after you communicate your objection to us.
You may exercise your opt-out right by notifying us if you wish to object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. Request for such objections, access and correction of data, information regarding policies and practices and the kinds of data held should be addressed in writing to:
Unit 503, 5th Floor,
143-145 Bonham Strand,
Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
The Company may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or permitting corrections to your information. In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, the Company has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
Governing law and jurisdiction