About the Program
CREATIVE CATALYST CHALLENGE
The creative challenge is a 3-month program that aims to create a supportive opportunity to steward the power of creativity towards community connection in uncertain times and support the sustainability of creative business post-COVID.
The challenge targets 5 creative projects from the different disciplines within the creative industry, vetted and selected by Mettā creative community and industry experts. The challenge allocates ksh 625,000 for the selected 5 creative projects.
The focus will be on interdisciplinary and collaborations between professionals in creative fields that are; fashion, visual arts, design, videography & photography and online content production focusing on thematic areas of social-economic issues, as well as produced & disseminated through online channels.
The cohort is made up of:
1. Esther K. Musa – Thematic Area (Women Empowerment) – Fashion Design
2. Margaret Wacera – Thematic Area (Identity) – Videography & Photography
3. ROKA Designs – Thematic Area (Fashion & Technology) – Fashion Design
4. Kagai Muriithi – Thematic Area (Freedom & Social Change) – Online Content Production
5. Wawira Njeru – Thematic Area (Identity) – Visual Art