As a condition of your use of this Website, you must not:
- trespass, break into, access, use or attempt to trespass, break into, access or use any other parts of our servers, and/or any data areas for which you have not been authorised by us;
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying this Website;
- post or transmit any unlawful, fraudulent, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, threatening, abusive, hateful, offensive, or otherwise objectionable or unreasonable information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that may constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national or foreign law;
- post or transmit any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or schemes or other unsolicited commercial communication, or engage in spamming or flooding;
- post or transmit any information or software which contains any virus, trojan horse, worm or other harmful component;
- post, publish, transmit, reproduce, distribute or in any way exploit any information obtained through this Website for commercial purposes; or
- upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, or distribute in any way, information obtained through this Website which is protected by copyright, or other proprietary right, or create derivative works with respect thereto, without the prior written permission of the copyright owner or right holder.
We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Services will cease immediately.
Third Party Information
Linking to Us
You may link to our Services provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to our Services in any website that is not owned by you. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Links to other websites
The Company shall not be responsible for the content available on or the set-up of any other websites linked to this Website. Access to and use of such other websites is at your own risk and subject to any terms and conditions applicable to such access/use. By providing hyperlinks to other websites, the Company shall not be deemed to endorse, recommend, approve, guarantee or introduce any third parties or the service/products they provide on their website, or have any form of cooperation with such third parties and websites. The Company is not a party to any contractual arrangements entered into between you and the provider of the external website.
Intellectual property rights
All intellectual property rights subsisting in respect of this Website belong to the Company or have been licensed to the Company, its subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, or affiliates. Except with the express permission of the Company, you are not allowed to upload, post, publish, reproduce, transmit or distribute in any way any component of this Website itself or create derivative works with respect thereto. You agree that we are free to use, disclose, adopt and modify all and any ideas, concepts, knowhow, proposals, suggestions, comments and other communications and information provided by you to us ("Feedback") in connection with this Website and/or Services without any payment to you. You hereby waive and agree to waive all and any rights and claims for any consideration, fees, royalties, charges and/or other payments in relation to our use, disclosure, adoption and/or modification of any or all of your Feedback.
You retain your rights to any Content you submit, post or display on or through the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying Content on or through the Services, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such Content in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed).
You agree that this license includes the right for us to provide, promote, and improve the Services and to make Content submitted to or through the Services available to other companies, organisations or individuals who partner with Mettā for the syndication, broadcast, distribution or publication of such Content on other media and services, subject to our terms and conditions for such Content use.
Such additional uses by Mettā or other companies, organisations or individuals who partner with Mettā may be made with no compensation paid to you with respect to the Content that you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through the Services.
We may modify or adapt your Content in order to transmit, display or distribute it over computer networks and in various media and/or make changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to any requirements or limitations of any networks, devices, services or media.
You are responsible for your use of the Services, for any Content you provide, and for any consequences thereof, including the use of your Content by other users and our third party partners. You understand that your Content may be syndicated, broadcasted, distributed, or published by our partners and if you do not have the right to submit Content for such use, it may subject you to liability. Mettā will not be responsible or liable for any use of your Content by Mettā in accordance with these Terms. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to any Content that you submit.
You agree not to provide or make known your user name or password to any other person to enable that person's access and unauthorised use of the Services. You will be the only authorised user of the Services through your user name and password. You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form and maintain and promptly update the registration data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
Account and Password
You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Services and for any activities or actions under your password. We encourage you to use "strong" passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your account. You must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. Mettā cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your password, you must promptly notify us.
All information in this Website is for your general reference only. The Company does not accept any responsibility whatsoever in respect of such information. Your access to and use of this Website is at your sole risk and is provided "as is". This Website is for your personal use only and the Company makes no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation, any warranties on non-infringement, accuracy or fitness for a particular purpose. Neither the Company nor its subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, or affiliates assumes any responsibility that:
- the information on this Website is accurate, adequate, current or reliable, or may be used for any purpose other than for general reference;
- the information on this Website is free of defect, error, omission, virus or anything which may change, erase, add to or damage your software, data or equipment;
- messages sent through the internet will be free from interception, corruption or loss;
- access to this Website will be available or be uninterrupted; or
- defects in this Website will be corrected.
In no event will the Company, its subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, or affiliates be liable to you or any other person for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, including any loss of business or profit, arising out of any use, or inability to use, the information on this Website. In no event shall the aggregate liability of the entities of Mettā exceed one thousand Hong Kong dollars (HK$1,000). You will exercise and rely solely on your own skill and judgment in your use and interpretation of the information. You are responsible to ensure that your use of the information complies with all applicable legal requirements.
Entire Agreement / Severability
- (ii) you create risk or possible legal exposure for us; or
- (iii) our provision of the Services to you is no longer commercially viable.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction